Australia is known for its love of the great outdoors, but did you know that there are many benefits of getting outside?
The great outdoors is synonymous with Australia and we are very fortunate to have so many natural wonders at our fingertips. Piara Waters residents are particularly lucky with having the new $1m park open in the heart of Peregrine Estate, with plenty of sporting and recreation facilities within a 10 minute drive.
Some of the benefits of spending more time outside are:
- Better mental health: Stress levels, anxiety, depression and mental fatigue are reduced when surrounded by greenery, especially if combined with exercise.
- Better physical health: Reduced inflammation and lower blood pressure are proven benefits, but new research is finding other advantages may include a boosted immune system.
- Better short term memory: A 2008 study split participants into two groups after completing a brief memory test. The group who took a walk through the arboretum performed 20% better than the second group who walked down a city street.
- Could help your vision: Early studies have found a link between an increase in outdoor activity and a reduced risk or developing myopia (near-sightedness).
- A great place to meet your neighbours: Local BBQs, twilight picnics, impromptu gatherings- a local park can be used for a variety of uses that allow you to connect with other residents.
- Easier to maintain an active lifestyle: It’s more convenient to find the time (and motivation) to go for a walk or kick the footy with the kids when a park is close by.
- Free entertainment: Kids are easily amused and don’t need expensive activities to keep them occupied. Whether it’s playing a game or taking the dog for a walk, you can find plenty of free things to do at a park.
Piara Waters is also conveniently located close to the Darling Range, so there are a variety of walking trails ranging in difficulty.
To find out what else is near Piara Waters, visit our sales office at 18 Baltic Approach on Monday & Wednesday from 1pm to 3pm and on the weekends from 1pm to 4pm.